To attract feature film and television projects to Queensland in recognition of the significant economic and industry benefits they provide, particularly in the areas of employment, training and professional development, and infrastructure development.
Talk to us about your project before applying
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their application with the relevant Project Manager prior to submitting an application to Screen Queensland.
What will we support?
Productions that demonstrate significant economic benefit to Queensland and provide professional development opportunities for Queensland practitioners.
Support is provided in three forms:
1. Locations Scouting;
2. Production Incentive;
3. State Payroll Tax Rebate.
Who may apply?
Screen Queensland may provide scouting assistance to long form productions based upon the production's stage of development and its estimated Queensland spend. Support through the scouting programme is available for projects prior to commencement of pre-production and prior to or during financing.
Scouting assistance may include covering some of the costs associated with on-ground travel (including vehicle hire, accommodation) and the contracting of a local Location Manager by Screen Queensland
How will we select projects?
Assessment will be made of the economic and cultural benefit to Queensland and for Queensland practitioners through the professional engagement of Queensland based practitioners and/or the creation of enduring infrastructure in Queensland.
Eligible productions may include feature films, feature documentaries, telemovies and television series (including reality, drama, animation and mini series), and similar digital productions. Short films, short documentaries and television commercials are not eligible to apply.
How much will be provided and in what form?
Locations Scouting – a grant up to a certain amount based on the anticipated Queensland Production Expenditure (QPE). Support through the Locations Scouting programme is available for projects prior to commencement of pre-production and prior to or during financing. Speak to Screen Queensland for further information on applying.
Screen Queensland provides expert locations assistance including:
script breakdowns shoot-to-order location pitches and production liaison for long-form projects shooting or looking to shoot in Queensland.
Screen Queensland may also assist productions with contacts to local, State and Federal Government agencies to facilitate their long-form production.
Screen Queensland's definition of QPE is contained in the Terms of Trade available on the website.
· the amount requested and the budgeted cost;
· anticipated QPE;
· whether or not the applicant is a bona fide Queensland resident and whether the project has been created and developed in Queensland;
· the number and level of proposed Queensland key creative roles and Heads of Department and the extent to which postproduction will be carried out in Queensland;
· the overall percentage of cast, crew and extras that are bona fide Queensland residents;
· whether a portion of the production will occur in region/s outside South East Queensland, and the anticipated proportion thereof;
· the extent to which productions engage Queensland post-production and VFX facilities;
· any enduring infrastructure created in Queensland by the production;
· the extent to which the production provides opportunities for training and career development [see also Professional Attachments programme];
· availability of funding at the time of the application.
Screen Queensland's definition of QPE and Bona Fide Queensland is contained in the Terms of Trade available on the website.
Applications must be made before commencement of pre-production and Screen Queensland approval for the Production Incentive must be in place prior to the commencement of production.
Visit ‘The Vault’ for more information including the application form.