To support Queensland practitioners to produce high quality documentaries with audience appeal and to support production activity in Queensland of documentaries that are commercially focused and that enhance professional development. To support Queensland business growth through increased production and partnership opportunities.
2013 Board Meetings and Application Deadlines
Friday, 8 February 2013
- deadline for applications to be received: Monday 7 January 2013
Friday, 22 March 2013
- deadline for applications to be received: Monday 18 February 2013
Thursday, 2 May 2013
- deadline for applications to be received: Thursday 28 March 2013
Friday, 28 June 2013
- deadline for applications to be received: Monday 27 May 2013
Friday 26 July 2013
- deadline for applications to be received: Monday 24 June 2013
Friday, 30 August 2013
- deadline for applications to be received: Monday 29 July 2013
Friday, 18 October 2013
- deadline for applications to be received: Monday 16 September 2013
Friday, 6 December 2013
- deadline for applications to be received: Monday 4 November 2013
Talk to us about your project before applying
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their application with the relevant Project Manager prior to submitting an application to Screen Queensland.
What will we support?
Australian projects in all formats, excluding short films and including co-productions and documentary theatrical features. A Provisional Certificate is required for projects that are eligible for the Producer Offset.
Who may apply?
Queensland based practitioners.
How will we select projects?
The following criteria will be taken into account:
· the amount requested and the budgeted cost;
· anticipated Queensland Production Expenditure;
· the track record of the applicant and production team;
· whether or not the applicant is a bona fide Queensland resident and whether the project has been created and developed in Queensland;
· the number and level of proposed Queensland key creative roles and the extent to which postproduction will be carried out in Queensland;
· the distribution and audience strategy, including the amount allocated to marketing the project;
· the commercial viability of the project, including the experience of the sales agents/distributors attached to the project;
· the format of the project including whether it is a series or a one-off project or running on multiple platforms;
· whether a portion of the production will occur in region/s outside South East Queensland, and the anticipated proportion thereof;
· the extent to which productions engage Queensland post-production and VFX facilities;
· the extent to which the production provides opportunities for training and career development [see also Professional Attachments programme;
· availability of funding at the time of the application.
Unsuccessful applicants will be given constructive objective feedback where projects are judged to have potential, and to assist the market engagement of the project and practitioners.
How much will be provided and in what form?
An equity investment in the production up to $400,000 per project. Generally, projects will not receive the maximum investment unless there are exceptional circumstances and they substantially meet all the assessment criteria.
For loan funds to cashflow part of the production, please see RFFF programme.
Visit ‘The Vault’ for more information including the application form.