To support Queensland practitioners to produce high quality screen content with audience appeal and to support production activity in Queensland of projects that are commercially focused and that enhance professional development of Queensland practitioners. To support Queensland business growth through increased production and partnership opportunities.
The Production Programme covers:
- Production Funding: theatrical and television
Talk to us about your project before applying
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their application with the relevant Project Manager prior to submitting an application to Screen Queensland.
What will we support?
Australian projects in all formats, excluding short films and including co-productions. A Provisional Certificate is required for projects that are eligible for the Producer Offset. Preference will be given to projects initiated/created by Queensland practitioners.
Projects will include:
· those that originate in Queensland and employ predominantly Queensland cast and crew – they increase domestic activity, build the industry's skills and experience, contribute to the sustainability of production businesses and enable Queensland writers and producers to tell the stories they want to tell;
· productions originating from other states - they provide opportunities to expose the local industry to new skills, expertise and ideas;
· co-productions – they offer some of the attractive characteristics of Queensland, interstate and international productions, and enable Queenslanders to build relationships with global potential;
· digital media or cross-platform projects that are story-focused and Queensland created.
Projects in receipt of a Production Incentive are not eligible for production investment.
Who may apply?
Queensland based practitioners; interstate practitioners.
How will we select projects?
Strong emphasis will be placed on quality, judged by Screen Queensland experienced personnel. The project will be assessed based on the quality of the script, marketing and distribution strategy, the creative team and the extent to which the application fits with the objectives and strategies of Screen Queensland in supporting the Queensland industry.
The following criteria will be taken into account:
· the amount requested and the budgeted cost;
· anticipated Queensland Production Expenditure;
· the track record of the applicant and production team;
· whether or not the applicant is a bona fide Queensland resident and whether the project has been created and developed in Queensland;
· the number and level of proposed Queensland key creative roles and Heads of Department and the extent to which postproduction will be carried out in Queensland;
· the distribution and audience strategy, including the amount allocated to marketing the project;
· the commercial viability of the project, including the experience of the sales agents/distributors attached to the project;
· the format of the project, including consideration of the platforms it is intended for;
· whether a portion of the production will occur in region/s outside South East Queensland, and the anticipated proportion thereof;
· the extent to which productions engage Queensland post-production and VFX facilities;
· any enduring infrastructure created in Queensland by the production;
· the extent to which the production provides opportunities for training and career development [see also Professional Attachments programme];
· availability of funding at the time of the application.
Unsuccessful applicants will be given constructive objective feedback where projects are judged to have potential, and to assist the market engagement of the project and practitioners.
How much will be provided and in what form?
An equity investment in the production up to $650,000 per project. Generally, projects will not receive the maximum investment unless there are exceptional circumstances and they substantially meet all the assessment criteria.
For loan funds to cashflow part of the production, please see RFFF programme.
For Locations Scouting, please see Production Incentives programme.
Visit ‘The Vault’ for more information including the application form.